As Mozilla continues to achieve great success in Europe – we are looking to further expand our EU Marketing team!
Are you a seasoned marketeer looking for a new challenge? Excited about open source marketing, and passionate about the open Web? We would love to hear from you!
Take a look at the Marketing Manager job requirements below, and apply to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30th 2008.
Please note the location for this role is flexible throughout Europe, you would most likely be home based, and working remotely with your team colleagues already spread across Europe and the globe. We are looking for you to speak excellent English and also be fluent in at least one other language (we particularly are keen to find Italian, Spanish and German speakers).
European Marketing Manager
(Location Flexible; Based in the EU)
Reporting to the Director of European Marketing, the European Marketing Manager will be responsible for the promotion and adoption of Mozilla products and the Mozilla vision throughout Europe. Collaborating as part of a global marketing team and working directly with external agencies, and local communities across Europe, primary responsibilities will include defining and implementing both regional and pan-European marketing campaigns and activities, market research, and day-to-day marketing efforts in order to drive regional brand awareness, demand generation and user retention.
• Budgeting, managing and executing marketing programs to drive brand awareness and adoption throughout Europe
• Develop, implement and measure marketing retention programs to increase user loyalty and activity
• Establish EU reports dashboard & prepare reports concerning downloads, activity, web traffic
• Set up, monitor and adjust SEM activities
• Oversee market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs and opportunities
• Serve as an internal and external evangelist for the product line
• Manage key external partner relationships
• Support European community marketing campaigns
• Where necessary organize and participate at key tradeshows, conferences and industry events
• Assist with other marketing related activities
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of experience of planning and executing marketing programs for consumer software products or online services
• BA in Marketing. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
• Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research, and an ability to translate analytics into business and strategic requirements
• Broad knowledge of Web applications and underlying technologies
• The ability to speak effectively with product and development team
• Excellent leadership, communication, and presentation skills
• Ideally fluent in at least one European language, plus English
• Strong character, ethics, and a high standard of performance
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally
• Experience with open source software and graphic design a plus