Great news! We have started a search for an EU Community Marketing Manager to join Mozilla in Europe.
Its an exciting position where the ideal person will have a mixture of marketing and community/community management experience. And of course you need to be passionate about technology, the web and open source! Below is the job overview, the location base is flexible in Europe. If you are keen, or have someone in mind I would love to hear from you!
Should you be interested in this position, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “EU Community Marketing Manager” as the subject of your e-mail.
We are excited to find a great person to help us with community marketing in Europe!!
EU Community Marketing Manager – (Location Flexible; Based in the EU)
Reporting to the Director of European Marketing, the European Community Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting Mozilla’s open source communities throughout Europe, whilst enabling and assisting communities to promote and spread Mozilla products and vision. Collaborating as part of a global marketing team and working directly with local communities across Europe, primary responsibilities will include defining and implementing regional community campaigns and activities, market research, and day-to-day efforts in order to support community growth and effectiveness.
• Develop and implement new community programs
• Communicate across a diverse community of project contributors and product advocates
• Define and help implement European community marketing campaigns
• Encourage and support communities’ organic/grassroots marketing campaigns
• Conduct and assist with regular community surveys
• Work closely with product team to manage promotions and programs designed to deepen community engagement
• Oversee market, competitive, and customer research to understand customer needs and opportunities
• Review, share and provide information on Spreadfirefox, forums and blogs
• Manage key external partner relationships where necessary
• Where needed, participate with company presence at key tradeshow, conference and industry events
• Assist with other marketing related activities
• Bachelors /B.Sc degree. Fluent in at least one European language, plus English
• 3+ years professional experience in online community management and/or working on the marketing of a consumer-focused web property
• Expert in encouraging communication within social media applications (forums, blogs, etc.)
• The ability to speak effectively with product and development team
• Prior high-tech experience preferred and/or a deep love and appreciation of the internet and technology
• Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, with minimal supervision
• Outstanding planning, communications, skills, result focused
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally
• Experience with open source an asset
Mozilla is focused on creating great software and maintaining choice and innovation in key Internet applications such as the highly acclaimed Mozilla Firefox web browser. We also provide a framework for the creation of web-enabled applications.
Mozilla is one of the largest open-source software development projects in existence. It includes paid and volunteer contributors numbering in the thousands, a range of spin-off projects, and a set of companies using Mozilla technology to build products. Mozilla guides the technical direction, development, testing, quality assurance, project management, software release, and infrastructure-building activities for this diverse group.
Mozilla employees work within a unique structure that combines open source DNA and development methodologies with extensive commercial involvement. We lead a highly invigorated community; our products garner worldwide attention; our technology touches the heart of the web itself. Successful employees are quick learners driven by the goals of innovation and choice on the Web, excited by change, unbothered by ambiguity, motivated by personal excellence, happy when doing many things and highly dedicated to the success of the project